Skip to: site menu |
section menu | main content
Our Mission: To serve the entire community by acting as a catalyst for the revitalization of downtown Elizabeth City and its waterfront, while preserving its historical and architectural character.
Nov 28, 2012
Downtown Discount Cards for $10 each featuring discounts from 20 downtown businesses!
See Us On Facebook
- ECDI Facade Grant Program - for more information call 252-338-4104.
- College of the Albemarle Small Business Center- for Business Plan and other assistance: 252-335-0821 - Joyce ext. 2231 or Ginger ext. 2370; http://www.albemarle.cc.nc.us/small_business.php
- SBTDC-Small Business and Technology Development Center at ECSU: Sonya Powell, phone: 252-335-3045; fax: 252-335-3648; email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; for personalized small business assistance. www.sbtdc.org
- Business Link North Carolina: 800-228-8443; www.blnc.gov. A service of the state of North Carolina and a comprehensive business-support network designed to assist NC Companies.
- NC Department of Commerce Small Business ServiCenter: 800-228-8443 or 919-807-4280. A staff of 8-10 consultants who can help you navigate the state’s business service providers. A consultant will discuss your needs and help you find the appropriate resources. http://www.nccommerce.com/en/BusinessServices/StartYourBusiness
- GATE – Growing America Through Entrepreneurship: http://www.ncprojectgate.org ; excellent website – under “Featured Resources” look at “Navigating Business Services in NC: Your Where to Go for What Guide”
- Small Business Assistant Grants – funds granted quarterly – applicants must complete online form – www.leadershipgrants.com/smallbusiness/index
- Rural Center Business Resource Guide – profiles include basic descriptive information on business service providers. Cross indexed by region, topic, resource name, etc. – http://www.ncruralcenter.org/pubs/index.html
- IMED – Institute for Minority Economic Development – Information, leadership program and financing – http://www.ncimed.com/
- NC REAL (Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning) their mission is to develop entrepreneurial talent through action learning and to foster the creation of sustainable enterprises throughout NC, with special emphasis on rural communities; www.ncreal.org
- Self Help – The nonprofit Center for Community Self-Help and its financing affiliates Self-Help Credit Union, Self-Help Federal Credit Union, and Self-Help Ventures Fund provide Financing, technical support, consumer financial services, and advocacy for those left out of the economic mainstream. www.selfhelp.org
- River City Community Development Corporation - provides comprehensive services for start-ups and existing businesses. Erica Ramjohn – Regional Entrepreneurial Coordinator: phone 252-331-2925; fax: 252-331-1425; email@example.com; www.rivercitycdc.org
- Chamber of Commerce - The Chamber is a voluntary organization of the business community and a private, not-for-profit organization that acts a unique central agency to improve the business environment in our community. Phone: 252-335-4365; fax: 252-335-5732; http://www.elizabethcitychamber.org/; email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downtown Business and Professional Association – Mission to promote and enhance the vitality and positive growth of downtown Elizabeth City's business and professional community through seasonal and on-going promotions, educational opportunities, constructive projects and useful communication. Susan Hinkle, President: 252-335-7243; email: email@example.com ; http://www.experiencedowntownelizabethcity.com/
- North Carolina Department of Revenue - http://www.dornc.com/index.html
- The 2013 N.C. Small Business Resource Guide is now available online at http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/files/resourceguide_3127.pdf. The guide is a comprehensive, easy-to-use resource to share with small business owners and potential entrepreneurs.