1. The Art Walk will take place every First Friday of every month, 12 months a year. The hours shall be at least open to the public from 5:30pm to 8:00 pm with the option to all participants of being open later.
2. The committee will provide a logo that each participant must use when promoting/advertising the event
3. Participating Studios and businesses ("venues") will be responsible:
a. to let co-chair know if they are participating at least one week in advance
b. to let co-chair know who/what artist they are hosting at least one week in advance
c. to provide their own refreshments if desired (*if providing beverages, please be aware of all NC and City laws regarding wine, beer and liquor)
d. Each venue will be responsible for finding their own artist to host; if you are having difficulty confirming an artist, please refer to ecncart.com
4. The committee will provide a sticker for each participating business to place in their window
5. The committee will be responsible for centralized promotions as a Downtown event in ways such as websites, facebook, email, posters or postcards, and possibly newspaper
6. Wade will post information on ECDI website calendar, ECDI Facebook page, and in email newsletters.
7. the ecncart.com map will include participating Gallery/Businesses/Restaurants, and a list of available artists, and will be available to print for participants to use on the evenings of each art walk
8. participating venues are required to exhibit original artwork or showcase artists including visual, musical, performance, literary, culinary, and decorative talents. Several venues will provide special events that Friday evening with opportunities for the community to interact with the arts
9. Each participating venue should provide a different artist each month. You may use the same artist more than once in a year, however it should not be two consecutive months.
10. If you are displaying a visual art exhibition, it should rotate on a frequency of 4-8 weeks if possible.
11. Each venue does not need to participate every month. If a venue wishes to be listed on the website list, you will need to participate within these guidelines. However, you are more than welcome to simply remain open during the First Friday hours if you do not want to be included on the website list.
12. Please send all information requested to email@example.com